BCN is the student-run, closed circuit television station. 2011-2012 is our twelfth season airing on the Bowdoin campus. BCN is an open organization that welcomes all students regardless of interest or degree of talent. We are always looking for new members interested in being on-camera, working behind the scenes, and editing footage. We also have many opportunities in advertising, web design, and production that are open to students wanting to work on an exciting project while using their non-technical strengths.
Please email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic DV Camera Skills
Learn the basics of DV, how it works and how best to use your camera with tripods and external microphones. Also learn how the lighting conditions that you shoot under are critical to your final product.
- Advanced 3CCD Camera Skills
Learn the added benefits of a 3CCD Camera with manual adjustments like exposure levels, rack focusing, shutter speed and more.
- Video Lights and Sound
Learn to use the available light within a space to make your video look better and also how to avoid sound recording problems.
- How to Edit with Final Cut Pro
Learn the basics of starting a project and how to organize your clips.
- Running the Live Studio
BCN has a fantastic live studio. Learn the details of how to use a 3-camera live setup with real-time character generation. Learn how to set up to do a live broadcast and even a live webcast.
BCN Resources and Software:
- 3CCD Sony VX-2000 Digital Camcorders
- Canon GL-2 Digital Camcorders
- Apple Mac Pro Towers
- Sennheiser ew 100 ENG G2 Wireless Microphone Systems
- Single Chip TRV Digital Camcorders
- Green Screen
- Apple Final Cut Studio
- VHS, SVHS, DV, MiniDV and DVD Recording Available
- Apple LiveType and Soundtrack Pro
- Live Studio with built-in lighting and mics
- Apple Compressor
- Tripods, Cable and DV Tapes
- Apple DVD Studio Pro 4
- Apple Motion
- Whisperbooth for recording voiceovers