Current Chair: Marcus Williams ’21
Definition: The Committee of Diversity & Inclusion works closely with a number of groups on campus to improve student life at Bowdoin. The committee will meet with administrators in the McKeen Center, Multicultural Life, 24 College, as well as the student body, to better understand the ways the BSG can enhance the Bowdoin experience. After establishing issues that the committee would like to address, the committee will implement and create concrete plans in order to address these issues.
This committee was developed and passed through the BSG constitution spring of 2018.
- Works towards speakers and various events for No Hate November
- Engage students to create larger event turnout
- Enhance the diversity of programming accomplished on campus
- Create more transparency in regards to administrative support for students
- Textbook accessibility and the allocation of funds to help alleviate costs for students that cannot afford it