Finally! Exams have concluded and we hope that everyone is enjoying a restful break thus far. Though it has only been a few days for some, it has been months for those who have been abroad. Wherever you’ve been, we know you’ve missed Bowdoin food (and those who just left campus a few days ago are bound to by the end of January). But, did you know that Bowdoin Dining posts several of their favorite recipes on their website? Here’s one for apple crisp!
Yield: 12”x 9”x 2” pan
- 4 lb. Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 T. Granulated Sugar
- 6 T. Cinnamon, ground
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and toss with apples.
- Spread apples on bottom of baking pan.
- Top with crumble topping (see below).
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, until apples are tender when pierced.
- Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more until golden brown and bubbling around edges.
- 1 c. All Purpose Flour
- 1 c. Rolled Oats
- 1 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 1 c. Butter or Margarine*
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add butter or margarine and combine. Mix with fingers or use paddle attachment in mixer. Texture should be crumbly.
* Bowdoin College Dining Service uses Smart Balance which is trans fat‐free and vegan.
If you’re looking for other recipes, check out the Dining Website.